
Took this photo on our way home from Sun Valley. It's entitled, "Tree of LIfe"!
Shhhhhhhh, listen! Silence - only the hummm of the old-clunker computer in the background. It's been busy around here today - noisy, kids running and wrestling, dogs barking with lots of company on this cold (almost winter) day. It was one of those days when you don't bother brushing your hair or putting on makeup - GRUNGE DAY, least that's the way I looked (and still do). There's something refreshing about being a SLOB-FOR-A-DAY - I must make a memo 'to self' to do this more often.
I pulled out the crock pot and rice cooker and cooked in bulk today and put things in the freezer for quick n' easy meals for this week! I did that several weeks ago and when it got busy around here well, it was a life-saver. I'm trying really hard to ban sugar (the slimy-sweet-stuff) from my life. In the past, I've tried to come to terms with the #*%* stuff but slowly it creeps back into my mouth and onto my butt, stomach and thunder thighs - not to mention my triple chin and bulbous nose (yes, you heard it - my nose is growing)! When I'm doing this, all I think can think about is Jonna's blogspot with all of her ridiculously delicious treats - I believe they call this with-drawls! I do believe sugar addiction is worse than cocaine, alcohol, meth - sugar is everywhere, in everything - you can't get away from it.
I'm pretty excited as there will be another little soul joining our family in a week from Tuesday - that would be Cortney and Ashley's little guy - I know his name but not sure I've been given permission to divulge it? I'll check - if it's okay I'll come back here __________ and fill it in for you. Let me tell you, it's darn cute! We're going down to help for three days - can't wait. This will be #13 grandkid (who me?) - I'm way too young (haha) - that excuse is no longer legit, Berta-babe!
Well, since my chin is dragging on the computer key board, think I'll hit the hay for now - if I think of something I missed, I'll fill in the blanks tomorrow. Chow and sweet dreams, fellow/sister bloggers in blog land. Sweet dreams.
5 comments:
Wow, what a cool shot. The boys sure had fun hanging out today. Looks like you need to have a GRUNGE day once a week. I will bring them in for it. HEE, HEE! Sugar is aweful. I too believe that Jonna is not nice to put all those yummy foods on her blog that I LOVE so much. I DO LOVE you Jonna, but man........I just start salivating when I go to your blog.
HDW
The key is: Make it, take one bite...then give the rest away - that way, you don't feel totally deprived. I've tried giving up sweets totally, and I become a b____! I'm sure you can fill in the blank..hee hee.
The photos you have posted have been so beautiful. What a talent you have with landscapes and outdoor beauty. Hope everything goes perfect with the new little bundle from heaven. What a blessing they are.
Oh yeah....Berta, you are and always have been BEAUTIFUL!
I can't believe the photos you've been posting lately. Wow. WE can't wait for you to come. Oliver has a calendar countdown and can't believe you guys are actually staying with us. He keeps making me show him how many days until you get here. Honestly I think they are more excited for that then the new baby. hahaaa. I have been having grunge days every day lately. My neighbor came over yesterday at 11 and I hadn't gotten all the way out of bed yet.
I am sure you look cute all the time!!! I love your photos they are so cool.
Love Brittany
Berta, Love your pics! so awesome that Whit and family are so close. Hoping that Brandon and fam will make that move. Nothing like having your loved ones close! So would you be willing to give up a print of "Tree of Life"? What a awesome photo and analogy! Would love a copy! alene
Post a Comment