
I'm needing some COLOR in my life - our days are gray, snowy and cold and it makes me crave yellows, green and brown!!! Never thought I would crave brown - how funny. Looking at some of my old photos helped to lift my chilly spirit!!!!
Journal Notes:
Last week was anything but boring around here. Let me explain:
I was basically minding my own business the other day (which I do quite well, mind you) when I got an email that sent me into a state of shock - literally! From time to time I get an email from this person so, of course, I didn't panic when I saw her name in my mailbox - just thought, "Wonder 'where in the world' she is and what is she up to!" But when I read 'said email' I went numb - really!
Mel is a television producer for PBS and is currently producing a show called ESCAPESEEKER - a travel series that explores distant lands around the world and delves into unexplored areas. Griffin (my son) wrote the music for the trailer for her show - he did an awesome job (view below). Anyway, she mentioned in her email that she had been viewing my blog for sometime and was taking note of my photos and wondered if I would like to accompany her to ******JAPAN****** this Thursday as her photographer!!!!!!! This is where I fell on the floor (dumb-struck) and foamy-froth proceeded to come out of my mouth (are you getting the visual here?). To put it mildly, I was in a fog for the rest of the day - I would call that shock and awe! Not long after the email showed up, she called!
Long story-short the only hang up was . . . . . . . . . you guessed it . . . . . . . .NO PASSPORT!!!!! After much investigation on my part - I concluded there was physically not enough time (only 4-5 days) to process the application - and folks, that's just not enough time to get it done. SO, Thursday a jet will take off from Salt Lake International airport and I won't be on it! Oh woooooooooah is me!
The UP-SIDE to this story - I'm still going to apply for my passport and Mel will be calling again (sometime, soon) for other really boring distant lands such as England, Paris, Africa and more! Now, can you believe that?
PLEASE TURN OFF MUSIC AT THE BOTTOM OF BLOG BEFORE VIEWING THIS CLIP!
PLEASE TURN OFF MUSIC AT THE BOTTOM OF BLOG BEFORE VIEWING THIS CLIP!
14 comments:
nooooooooooooooo that is not the way this story was meant to end...
Wow, what a compliment for your work and I am so happy as it shows me I have a good eye to notice a GREAT photography when I see one!!! YOU>
I listened to the clip...how proud that make make you feel...very beautiful indeed.
Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog.
I've deleted that section of Heinz and I with our food situation as it seems I have been totally miss understood by so many bloggers...
that is sooooo cool.
ok, not the part about you not being able to go,
but that you actually got invited, and will hopefully get to go again!!!
hurry up and get your pasport!!
im real excited for you.
OH MY FREAKING HECK!!! HOLY COW!!!! YOU BETTER BE G O N E GETTING THAT PASSPORT RIGHT N O W!!
AND TO THINK I'M R.E.L.A.T.E.D TO YOU AND KNEW YOU WHEN.........
YOU GO GIRL!
OH this is sooo exciting!! And so sad about the no passport thing. It's so rotten that it takes so long to get one these days! You used to be able to get a rush on one in about a week, but I think those days are long gone. I've got to get mine renewed.
Get a passport then you can become a world famous photographer!!!! Thats so exciting!!! You are amazing!!
Lesson to everyone....have a passport! We are required to have two by the Church. Just in case. You never know when you might get to travel.
ugggg....we don't have passports either Berta! I'm quite the homebody, but you just never know when you might need one. So excited for you!
tyler and i are so proud of our mommy :) i even talked about you on my blog because i am continually blown away by the talent that you and your children have. so so proud!
My goodness! What incredible opportunities ahead. She definitely picked a woman with great talent. Good for you, good for you, good for you.
I'm with Marcelle, though, "nooooooooooooooo that is not the way this story was meant to end..."
Berta! I'm so happy for you and NOT surprised that you recieved such a great invitation. You're just oozing with talent and such a great person- I know you'll get another chance to go!
xo,
L. ward
www.missrubysue.etsy.com
My heart sank when I read you don't have a passport. Get one NOW, Be ready for the next possibility! :)
Berta Baby!!!!! Don't let this chance slip away like you did for your tennis opportunity with the famous "Darleen Hart?" You always have been dripping with talent....go use it (here's your big chance to see the world) doing something you love!!
I have been totally miss understood by so many bloggers...
Work from home India
Exciting but sad. You will be ready for next time! You'll have to have a ready-to-travel wardrobe. I'll be waiting for further developments. Nice music on the trailer! Don't we love having talented children?
Post a Comment