2nd annual racquetball tournament for The Ridge was happening last weekend! Shawn and Kandee hosted the event at their club and they had a great turnout. Shawn, Shade and Kandee signed up to play - Bob did not! Bob's knees are getting a little 'sketchy' as far as playing hard and jarring around the court so, he sat this one out - not like him! We had fun watching family play. Kandee ended up with an appointment for surgery as she turned the wrong way while playing her game, heard a 'POP' in her knee and will now have reconstructive surgery on her ACL!!!!!! She goes in Thursday for her surgery!






Shawn played in a new division called "British Racquetball" and placed 2nd - it's MUCH harder, slower version of the American racquetball - the ball (to me) seems like a hacky-sac ball - mushy! The guys come out of the court looking like they just took a 'bath' and the cardio workout is very intense! Shade played and did so well - he didn't place but is an outstanding player - many more tournaments will be in the future for him! So we'd watch a game, run to food shop, run back to the club to watch more - and so went our weekend - SUPER FUN!
Got a phone call from Donna and she wondered if Bob and I would like to go to the Farmer Merchant Community Banquet? She said there was ONE hitch! Would I take photos of the event - I immediately said, "Yes!" I love going to that - so many great memories from the past - it's just a lot of fun! It was held in the new high school and guess what? I've never been in the new high school since it opened this year! Yep, that's right - so, it would be a great opportunity to see a small portion of it, the gym! It is put on by the Chamber of Commerce and I just happen to love that organization - they do so much for the businesses in our community! Chiz' would be catering it this year - oh, delish!
(click photo to get a closer look)

The Farmer Merchant Banquet honors people who have contributed to the community throughout the year, they honor farmers, educators, business people and then they auction off items people donate for a good cause. All-in-all it's the best night ever mingling with people you've known for years and years - just like family! BTW, the new high school is beautiful and huge!
Got a phone call from Donna and she wondered if Bob and I would like to go to the Farmer Merchant Community Banquet? She said there was ONE hitch! Would I take photos of the event - I immediately said, "Yes!" I love going to that - so many great memories from the past - it's just a lot of fun! It was held in the new high school and guess what? I've never been in the new high school since it opened this year! Yep, that's right - so, it would be a great opportunity to see a small portion of it, the gym! It is put on by the Chamber of Commerce and I just happen to love that organization - they do so much for the businesses in our community! Chiz' would be catering it this year - oh, delish!
(click photo to get a closer look)

The Farmer Merchant Banquet honors people who have contributed to the community throughout the year, they honor farmers, educators, business people and then they auction off items people donate for a good cause. All-in-all it's the best night ever mingling with people you've known for years and years - just like family! BTW, the new high school is beautiful and huge!
Saturday, we met up with Ken and Donna in Idaho Falls at Pet Smart!!! They just got a new golden lab puppy and they were signed up in an obedience class - so cute! I've never seen more dogs in that store before - oh, heaven! (Yes! I love dogs!) I picked up some bones for our little guys and then went to lunch at Garcias - fish tacos!!! After lunch we made a quick Sam's-run and hurried home for more racquetball and Bar J Wranglers with Ken and Donna at the high school.
2 comments:
yay, i've missed your updates!! sounds like you've been pretty busy though. fun fun.
Whew. I took a breath for you.
Post a Comment