Thursday, September 22, 2011

grain harvest

I'm sad - grain harvest is over now and the fields have been 'turned over' and the ground looks pretty ucky! These photos were taken a little over a week ago before and during harvest. I have been wanting to get a photo of the "groove" the water wheel makes after passing through the field all summer. Here it is! It's so deep and I really like the curve it makes through the field. I've never seen a picture like it before! Why is this sad, you ask? Well, after they cut the grain and the farmer comes back to turn the soil - it means we're getting very close to winter and right now, that's a little depressing - and I don't get depressed anymore!!!! Haha!


"groovey"


"tracks"


"passing through"


"harvest action"


"earth's carpet"


""been there"


"lunch break"


"lunch break"


"beauty and the beast"


"beauty and the beast"


"lunch break"


"lunch break 2"

1 comment:

MZ said...

With every season change I look forward to your pictures. Thanks again for beautiful pictures.