Thursday, June 17, 2010

affection - team up thursday

affection diptych


I have an AFFECTION for the word AFFECTION!!! I'm just an affectionate person - touchy-feely-type. When some of my kids grew up and weren't the huggy-type-person like I was, I was surprised - because they 'got it' when they were growing up - hugs, kisses - the works!

Corey chose the theme this week and totally cracked me up with her photo (bottom)! Now, I AM an animal person (certified pet-sitter, that's me!) but I thought I'd die when I saw her shot - I even wiped my face (haha) a little with my hand - not to mention reaching for my Clorox-wipes! It wasn't until I paid attention (as an adult) to where those little tongues go that I began to have an aversion to being licked by my fury-family-members! Go to her blog and read her explanation of the photo, it's pretty cute and I might add, a pretty timely capture! My 3 little fur-balls sneak "affection" all the time and they usually win! BTW, Corey is the BEST partner - so fun!

My entry (top photo) kind of speaks for itself! Bob was helping Cooper ride his bike on the gravel road. I loved (didn't notice it when I took the photo) how the road curved a bit - taking your eye for a little 'ride' (a little play on words!) Bob isn't exactly relaxed as he released the bike - his stance suggests he might dart at any second to catch the "Toop" in case he started to fall - what are grandpas for anyway?

Stop by Megan's and Hip-Mama's for more themes and fun.

8 comments:

Kerstin said...

Berta - I am blown away again - the theme and your photo!!!!! BRILLIANT.I love what you did with the colors - I love the affection your photo shows...... makes my heart melt away.
You and Corey are my inspiration - theres sooo much I can learn from you both.....
Sooo happy that youre back on blog - lol. BTW how is Corey - any pains? Hope he feels much better
cheers

Marcelle said...

I ditto all what Kerstin has written here...both are amazin..well done.

Jen said...

You can so feel the affection in both shots. Marvelous.

Cindy said...

So cute of them both. I was a little thrown off by how dark Cooper's hair is, since I always think of him as so blonde. Love the road.

Corey~living and loving said...

awww berta! You always have the most kind words for me. You melt my heart.

your shot really is fabulous. perfect comp with the road and everything. toooooo cute!

Thanks for being my partner and friend! ♥

Killlashandra said...

What sweet shots. It's a special moment when you kids learn to ride their bike especially when the big moment comes and they lose the training wheels. :) I like the hunched shoulders, somehow he just looks so attentive. Nice edit too.

Megan said...

yep, i can definitely see that he is poised for action -- ready to leap at a falling bicyclist:). i where the eye goes in both these photos!

Andrea said...

Fabulous photos as always - love what you have done with the colour in your shot. Well done!
xxx
A