Sunday, October 25, 2009

mosaic monday

I've been somewhat vocal that we were 'robbed' of our fall this year - with the hard freeze that hit us. We might have been slightly short-changed, I must say nature did put on a show, if we were watching! Today we went to visit family and stopped quickly to say 'Hey' to the mighty Tetons at sunset - just to be reminded that winter is knocking loudly at the front door! Bodin came to visit us with his fancy green boots while mom cut untended locks of hair. It's fun to watch the fall colors through closed windows while trying to invade the warmth of our home. All in all, I decided we were not robbed this year of a splendid fall, we just had to be sure we didn't blink before it was all gone!

mosiac monday (mary carroll)

Drop by Mary Carroll's place to see some beautiful 'fall scapes'.

"That's what I love so much about late fall - nature has a sense that it's time to slow down and rest for a season. Although our society is always in OVER-DRIVE nature is there is calm our spirits and say, "Hey, wait a minute - there is a time a season for everything!" We would be wise to listen. Shhhh, can you hear?" (bboice)

12 comments:

Carol said...

Gorgeous shots! Stunning mosaic! Love the little one with the green shoes!

Anonymous said...

hey that shot turned out great, everyone loves those green shoes! im glad you got out in time for that shot of the tetons....nice color the lighting was just about perfect! very SWEET mosaic, nice way to remember the fall colors and to wrap it up.
w

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

What beautiful photos! and your mosaic is stunning!

Have a great day!

My name is Riet said...

Wow beautiful photo's and I love your mosaic
Have a happy Monday

DoanLegacy said...

Fantastic photos, and a great mosaic!

Anonymous said...

My first visit to your blog. Fabulous mosaic and I enjoyed reading the thoughts you share - especially about how society is in over-drive. I like this quote:

"Nature does not hurry,
yet everything is accomplished."
~ Lao Tzu

I added myself as a 'Follower' and I'm looking forward to reading and seeing more. :)

Enjoy your day,
Zuzu

Bonnie said...

What gorgeous shots. Love the deer photo!

Puna said...

Wow, what a gorgeous place for you to live.

Tracey said...

Oh...who can resist those little green boots! The waterfall is simply spectacular...

K Soucy said...

I love your mosaic, love the green shoes. Beautiful blog.

Mary said...

Omigosh, gorgeous!!! And the green boots are so sweet! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful images at MM. :)

eileeninmd said...

Your mosaic is stunning and all the photos are wonderful. I just fell in love with your first header photo, it is gorgeous! I recently joined in on Mosaic Mondays and Sorry, I am late in commenting.