Wednesday, September 1, 2010

team up thursday - "MY WEEK"

I thought it would be interesting to do a mosaic of OUR WEEK for our diptych theme – choosing (1) photo per day that would represent what’s going on in our life! Easier said than done and a lot more work than just (1) photo!

Corey's "WEEK" is:

Happy and filled with adventure - I can tell by the photos. Is Sugar Bear anything BUT happy? I'm sure she has her days but this week looks like it's filled with excitement and furry snuggles! I'm guessing there were travels involved OR just local scenery - the beach I'm coveting right now! Thanks Corey, that was fun to peek into your world and lovely as always!!!

myweekdiptych

Starred Photos1

Upper row photos:

Note: these photos are random order – not necessarily as the week progressed!

THE BIG '40': Let me begin by saying when your ‘oldest’ son turns 40, you KNOW you’re getting dang-old! Well, he did and it seems like yesterday I was rocking him and changing diapers!

LIFE PHOTOGRAPHY: Worked on a logo for our (my daughter & I) photo business. It seems as though the business ‘found us’ rather than ‘us looking for business’ - it just seemed to happen by word of mouth!

iMAC MOUSE: As I was editing (sitting LONG hours sitting on my ever-widening butt) TONS of photos this week, I noticed and really started appreciating the miracle I was holding in my hand – my ‘fairly-new cordless mouse’ – an amazing feat of engineering and love it’s simple-clean lines. It’s saved me a lot of time as opposed to the old mouse.

RUNNER: Saturday, my daughter, a friend and I shot over 600 marathon runners – it consumed almost our entire day. I choose this photo because this girl was a lot of fun and I loved how she received “#1” for her number!

Middle Row Photos:

PINK FLOWER – was driving by my neighbors yard, saw THIS flower and when I got home went for my camera because I thought it was so delicate and thought it’s life-span would not last much longer – so thought I would appreciate it and honor it’s existence!

MAKEUP BRUSHES – this is my ritual every-single-day and as I watched my husband get ready for the day I thought how UNFAIR it was that I had to resort to ‘this ritual’ when all he had to do was shave and brush his teeth. I’m not sure I ever even see him wash his face – what’s up with that?

Lower Row Photos:

CANDLE – when I can ‘smell’ fall in the air, the candles come out in full force. It’s a ritual every year – I adore wonderfully scented candles – maybe it’s because I have (3) semi-smelly dogs in the house!?! This MANGO-PEACE SALSA Yankee candle rocks! Oh BTW, I smelled fall in the air this week – dang!

Drop by Megan's for more FUN and DIPTYCH-CREATIVITY!

16 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

it really was a wonderful project, berta. I love our mosaics.....it really shows me how wonderful our lives are. we are so blessed. Thank you for suggesting this.

Andrea said...

Fabulous Fabulous Fabulous - you ladies continue to be an inspiration week after week - WOW!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow...you girls really think outside the box. This is the best challenge I have seen so far. Beautiful photos that capture your week. Well done team.

Kerstin said...

WOW what a great idea - I have to write it down and hope we will come along with that later this year
Thanks a lot for letting us know whats going in in your life during the week. I can imagine its not an easy theme but you both did a brilliant job - thanks for the "view" into your life.....

Marcelle said...

I loved this weeks theme, seeing both your weeks...so very different to mine!!

Well done to the most amazing team.

Jen said...

What an awesome idea Berta. It is so cool to see the week in photos all together. Love it!!!

tania said...

like i said, these will do for a magazine!! Very good:)!!

Anonymous said...

Hellloooo, To widen your blog you need to sign into the Template Designer. Then go to Layout, then Adjust Width. There should be a slider bar.. I slide mine all the way over to the right to the Max of 1000px.

Then, just below that I set the Sidebar at 270px.

Then to to upper right hand corner and click on Apply To Blog.


Hope that helps.

Di

Cindy said...

Hey--we use the same mascara!

Killlashandra said...

Hey what an awesome idea! I love the my week theme. :)And I completely agree, Fall is in the air. Nice shots. Although I can't imagine owning that many make up brushes. LOL

HipMomma said...

No, Fall candles to me are the pumpkin pie that I picked up today! Love candles. And I sorta laughed thinking of your son in diapers. Couldn't help the imagery. Great week of pictures. I told Corey that that is a great way to keep the camera in your hand all week.

~Kristina said...

I love the idea of the week in photos. Put together they tell such an interesting story.

Anonymous said...

The changes look good...

Babysit? I'll hold you to that! LOL

Di

Cara said...

I love the mosaics! The logo is awesome.

Privet and Holly said...

As always,
I LOVE your
photos and am
not surprised
a business has
found you! Fun
updates and a
very creative
way to weave
words and pics
together, Berta!
xx Suzanne
PS: My camera
was stolen and
I'm back to square
one....grrr...!
Shopping for a
new one : (

Jonna said...

Clever and perfectly spoken!
I love all the photos you chose.
I think I would get very confused if I had that many makeup brushes!
Men...they have a very easy bathroom routine. As for me, I just seem to take longer in my old age. Ugg.