Sunday, May 22, 2011

old betsy

old betsy

Grabbed the camera gear and headed out the door yesterday to . . . wherever! My favorite thing to do on a weekend when there's a pretty day going on out there! We pointed the car 'west' but we ended up 'north' in search of some fun and interesting photos. I had a few requests this past month, by a travel magazine, for photos of the sand dunes and had to admit I had nothing in my files! So, we ended up north doing just that. "The Sand Dunes" - interesting place - miles and miles of sand dunes in the middle of nowhere. They say the sand comes from the Teton mountain range - over time the sand accumulated in the form "The Sand Dunes". You actually have to see it to believe it!

On our way home, we found "Old Betsy" (photo above) - Bob and I instantly fell in love with it and got a few photos of her (will post ALL photos tonight). Come back to see some sand dunes - pretty impressive.


(click photo to read about "The Sand Dunes")



DSC_0517



DSC_0473


DSC_0490


DSC_0504

DSC_0606

DSC_0538


DSC_0631


DSC_0670

6 comments:

Griffin said...

Wow... can't believe you hadn't ever taken pics of the sand dunes! These ones turned out great. You should have someone take you up to the top on a 4 wheeler to grab some more shots! Great work as always!

Marcelle said...

you really take the most amazing photo's, am always so impressed and long to walk around and learn from you...
I will give you fitness session and you give me photography session...deal!!!

Heather said...

Those shots are incredible! Truly amazing. Art in it's finest. Way to go.

Rachel said...

Baaahhhh! I get so frustrated when I see your pictures! I want to be as good as you. Can you come to CA and give me private instructions please?!!

ashleyboice said...

Wow, these are some of my absolute favorites ever.

Lori said...

I forget how pretty my little town is. Thanks for sharing these photos.