Took this photo in June and forgot I had it on the computer. There is a little 'homestead' in town where the gardening is magnificent and a little log home still stands in the corner of the lot. As we drove by, I couldn't resist the colors of these flowers - definitely caught my eye.
We met up with Whitney and her little family down south to go see "Bodies, The Exhibition" last night. The exhibition features real bodies with skin removed to view muscles, tendons - well, everything the human body has to offer. The bodies are actually from China's morgue - unclaimed bodies! They go through a process of preserving everything. Well, it was impressive - to say the least and I walked away with a new appreciation of what the human body actually consists of. Well, let me put it this way . . . I'm going to be very careful what goes into my body and setting goals to take much better care of myself ! ! ! If you have a chance to see this exhibit, be sure and go but take your time! As I walked this morning I couldn't help but think how our lives here on earth, our bodies are no accident - there is a God with a plan (the "great designer" if you will) that is greater than us all - no doubt in my mind! We all headed to dinner after and enjoyed hanging out with each other.
This past weekend was our County Fair. For the first time, I decided to enter some photos and ended taking (5) to be viewed and judged! I got a text/photo from my granddaughter, Morgan, that one of my photos had a red (second place) ribbon on it! Wow, that peaked my curiosity and Bob and I went down and checked things out for ourselves. Nicole's 'sassy' photo on the horse received 2nd place and the Teton's black and white photo (ta-ta-da-daaaa) earned "GRAND CHAMPION"! Little did I know that we also got a cash award to go with it!!! I was shocked - money? I heard roomers that it would be $50 for Grand Champion - wow, I started adding on my fingers how much that would total - so I rushed over to the building where they were handing out checks! There was a long line so I started waiting patiently. When I finally reached the front the guy checked my ribbons and yelled to the other guy, "That'll be $29!!!!!" I was slightly deflated but figured $29 was better than NO dollars - I would have totally been happy with my pretty-frilly ribbon - really I would! Haha!
2 comments:
Many congratulations! County Fair awards and losing the pounds! Awesome job all the way around!
Do you know how much I love you???
* opening my arms as wide as I can *
A LOT!!!!
You are always so willing to help me...I don't have a lens like the one you mentioned....only a 50mm and the 28-300m, so you think the one you mentioned is worth the buy, what else would you use it for???
I need to learn about lenses
For action photography, what do you think would be best out of the two I have. I used the 28-300 the last session??
BTW, I copied and pasted your few words on the 17 Day diet on group as I want those who have attempted and given up before the 17 days to see it works...they each complained that they missed carbs, or had no energy, or their stomached were not working correctly...
I so wish you were there to give your 2cents worth on the plan, your menu and how it worked for you.
Post a Comment