Monday, April 19, 2010

do it for them

DO CHECK BACK TOMORROW for a "Give-Away"!

journal


" We don't necessarily journal for us - do it for them - our kids, grandkids, great grandkids - our posterity." ~roberta boice
Now! What to write in my new little journal - haha! I journal in my blog so I must find something special to write in my little book. It's the perfect size - fits nicely into my very messy purse so it's goes where I go - know what I mean? I like collecting thoughts so, maybe I will write them in here. No! I don't want to write my "shopping list" in this book nor a "to do list" - no way, no how! Do you have the sense here that I'm rambling? Because I am - I'm pretty tired. So, I think I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrow what I'll write in my new little journal! Leave me a brilliant suggestion if you happen to think of one! Sleep tight everyone - for those of your across the Atlantic ocean, "Good morning!"


6 comments:

Marcelle said...

Its stunning...
I keep my blog and turn them into books for my family in many years to come....I want them to remember me as being a normal everyday woman and read all my emotions and thoughts...I wish my grandmother had left me more, my great grandmother in my mind is a ghost as I have no idea what her life was like..we lucky today we can do that.

Janet said...

What a lovely little journal - for special thoughts,you're right! I spent some time with my 3 nieces on Sunday and they wanted to hear stories about their Dad growing up (he's 8 years younger than me) and we so enjoyed laughing at little stories - made me realise how important it is to record memories - they do mean so much!

Anonymous said...

I think that what I would write in a hard bound journal would be completely different than the words I would post online on a blog. A hard bound journal just seems so much more personal and looks so much more loved.

This photo says so much, even if you had not typed a word.

DI
The Blue Ridge Gal

Kerstin said...

Geez Berta - you're such an "ideafull" person - love your blog and your photos to bits!!!!! Don't even think about giving up blogging and photographing....
cheers
Kerst

ali said...

Great journal! You know Kelly wilson used to make some sweet journals like this!

Jayme said...

hey roberta! if you like that journal you should see the adorable necklace journals i'm auctioning off for a breast cancer fundraiser! go to init2endit.blogspot.com!!