Wednesday, February 24, 2010

cousins - best buds & computer melt-down

cousins

Brian went in for surgery today to have his gall-bladder removed (ouch!) and Cooper came by to visit Bodi! Those little guys have a blast together - same height, approximately same weight, same disposition (little boy-style) - sweet as sugar and rough as nails!

Talked to Heather and she said Brian is doing 'okay' - not feeling great - totally to be expected. The surgery went well but the doc can't promise that was his problem. So, in my opinion they ought to give him a 50% discount off the total bill! Right? Only fair. I'll keep you posted on things as the days go by.

Last night Shawn called and asked if the kids could come over and play while he ran leagues at the club. "Yep, no problem!" Carter and Aspen came dancing in- in their usual 'full of life' manner and I was happy to see them. They don't come to visit that often as they live in a remote area. Bodin, once again, had cousins to play with. Carter headed for the computer and plopped himself down to play some 'Olympic' games - I watched over his shoulder and he's skilled. Not long after I walked in to check some email and notice that all the settings on my iMac were totally changed - everything! I immediately thought, "Carter! What did you do?!" Finally, I had to ask him and he quietly said, "Gma, I haven't touched your computer - I've been on this computer all night!" SURE, Carter, I thought (with a suspicious-evil eye)! It was as if everything on the computer had been hit with radio-active-fotons (is there such a word)! Everything on the computer was like looking at a photo negative! "Holy cow" - I hate that saying - but that's how I felt. For over an hour (maybe two) Whitney and I tried to figure out 'what the heck' happened. We couldn't! It was then I took the problem to FACEBOOK population and within only minutes, Kit came to our rescue with the solution. And 'vawallllah' it was fixed!!! So, if you ever have a problem you can't figure out - go to your FACEBOOK friends and I can almost guarantee you'll find the answer. Seriously!


5 comments:

Cindy said...

Okay, I don't like the sound of that! When I had my gall-bladder out, they had very specific tests they ran that showed and could tell me that it was EXACTLY my gb.

Hmmmmm.

Let us know, 'k?

Janet said...

I have heard that the FB community are great when solving problems. Glad you got yours sorted! WOW! Hope the problem was his gb and that he recovers well. What a story if it's not!

Jay and Gwen Sessions said...

I totally agree with Cindy. When I had my G.B. out they could almost tell me how many stones I had. It was an instant relief to have it gone! I sure hope Brian will be okay.

Low Tide High Style said...

Your photography is really beautiful!

Our daughter had her gallbladder out a week ago, it must be the season! I hope that Brian is feeling much better now! And another coincidence, my nephew is named Cooper!

Kat :)

Anonymous said...

Your grandchildren are so sweet.
(Even if they almost ruin your computer.)
I love your posts.
I can't click away.
Believe me I am trying : )
Not because I don't love it but I don't want to scare you and seem all psycho! I am relatively normal I promise : ) I just ADORE this blog.