Wednesday, August 25, 2010

team up thursday - "NATURE"

nature |ˈnā ch ər|

1 the phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations : the breathtaking beauty of nature.

2010-08-251

2010-08-252

nature |ˈnā ch ər|

2 [in sing. ] the basic or inherent features of something, esp. when seen as characteristic of it : helping them to realize the nature of their problems | there are a lot of other documents of that nature.
• the innate or essential qualities or character of a person or animal : it's not in her nature to listen to advice | I'm not violent by nature.

That being said, Corey captured perfection in her NATURE photo (above) - so clean and clear. The sun shining makes me happy right through her photo - her creation is breath taking just as described in the definition above! Corey has a talent of capturing whatever she's photographing in a distinct way. I think it's beautiful in every way - and BTW, so is she!

I too, automatically, was going for the outdoor theme -nature at it's finest - what could be better than Idaho and nature? It goes hand in hand. In most of our themes I always try and think if there is a dual-meaning, a way of thinking of the word in a different way. This week's theme did fit into that category. My daughter and I were doing a photo shoot for a playground equipment company when this little girl went down the slide (below) - perfectly 'girly' in every way. The boys playing in the yard were just as 'boy' as you could get (see photo below) - both were doing what was in their NATURE. I couldn't get over it - how it's inborn in both genders - a perfect balance to make them who they are AND who you and I are as well. Ha!

Drop by Megan's for some interesting and delightful Team Up Thursday!

See what I mean (photo above) - the true nature of boys!

SPECIAL NOTE:
I'm having to break up our DIPTYCH as they just don't fit right in this new blog templet going on here! Hope that doesn't offend anyone - haha!

13 comments:

MZ said...

Love em!

Corey~living and loving said...

you are amazing, Berta! such a beautiful post. I had no time for words...and you, my friend really said it all. :)

i adore the jumping out of the swing shot, as well. WOW! great action. ♥

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful photos...both of you. Interesting how you interpreted this word in two totally different ways. Well done team.

Shayne said...

One thing i can say is that I always feel so inspired after leaving this blog!

Your photo of the Christmas Rose is just stunning - mine are all barren as they were pruned not so long ago. Waiting patiently for the blossoms to start!

Rose said...

What wonderful photos and I love that you included the definitions in your post.

Rhian Claire said...

Love both shots - another week well done!

Kerstin said...

I love how you "defined" the word nature and seeing it through your eyes you are totally right - this is nature! Brilliant idea and definition Berta and a perfect shot - Love it!!!!!
this is what I would say is a a "thinking outside of the box" - brilliant

Marcelle said...

Never disappoint this team!!!!

Awesome images...well done once again.

Jessie said...

I absolutely love that shot of the boy! You and Corey had such different takes on the theme but both of them turned out so perfect - as usual!

HipMomma-MelodyA. said...

Love that you too came up with two different interpretations for nature. Clever clever.

Megan said...

love the dip, but really love that "boy" photo -- i might be a bit biased:).

tania said...

STUNNING!!

Killlashandra said...

I like the new look! It might not be as new for you, but I've been so busy with class starting I haven't visited recently. Sorry about that. Very nice though, love those hummingbirds. :)

Pretty combo. Pretty flower and adorable girl, I like your play on nature for the week.