Wednesday, February 2, 2011

you have to LOVE your home!


When you awake in the morning and hear on the radio that school has been closed due to severe cold, you know it's cold outside - let's say -21 degrees and dropping! Remember, I was getting up early for a guitar lesson - well, after making a few calls at 6 a.m. to parents of students, I hopped back under the covers and commenced to hibernate for a few more hours. The dogs didn't even want to crawl out from under their blankets! Yes, they have blankets (and they love them)!

Tonight I was going to a meeting but it was so dang cold outside, I decided to stay home and warm! Wimpish - and proud of it!!! You really have to LOVE your home when you live in the frozen north-country and especially really good space heaters. As you can see by the photo above my photo subjects lately are home-bound-subjects . . . pretty boring I know but bright and cheery!

Lately, I've heard some weird sounds coming from our house! Several times a day a creaking-sound coming from the living room area! Hummmmm, what could it be? I thought it was 'me' but then Bob heard it the other morning as he was leaving for the day! We really didn't know what to think - but after much contemplation, we think it's the very heavy snow on the roof. We have more snow than ever before and it's so heavy due to weather changes - I'm a little afraid it could be putting too much pressure on the roof. So, I'm praying daily that the roof doesn't cave in! Bob went out today, braving single digit temps to pull some of the snow down. After all his efforts, the sound came back again tonight! Eeeeeek!

My entries are pretty boring - there's a lot going on yet there's not much going on. Make sense? Tomorrow will be different - time to get out of the house for sanity sake. You have to love your home in weather like this - quite frankly I'm pretty thankful for it - sure hope that roof holds!

5 comments:

Get Off Your Butt and BAKE! said...

Strange creepy noises visit me at my home as well! I love your music, and I have many of those piano pieces. It's a dang good thing that I'm a homebody, cuz it's much too cold to leave the house. Hope you are doing well!
Make some cupcakes....you'll feel better.

Anonymous said...

oooh, I would want that snow off my roof. Could cause a lot of damage....

Jay and Gwen Sessions said...

You need to come to calif. to warm up a bit....thaw out! I am a bigger wimp because I would never be able to last in those temps. You really do need to take up here in the winter. I have your room ready with sunshine in the window to wake you up. Love your fav sis-in-law!

Get Off Your Butt and BAKE! said...

Berta you are so funny. You're a famous photographer, you certainly don't need or require any advice on taking beautiful pictures! As for the Oakleigh pic's, it was just pure luck, since she would not hold still. My food doesn't move or talk back! I only have Adobe Photoshop 8 to edit with. Thanks for making my day though!

EFT Manual said...

I love my home and all of my furnitures. Even though my floor sounds squeaky and our roof seems to fall off.