I could see through the glass there was a package on the porch. Couldn't remember what I ordered - a photography book?! Just couldn't remember! When I opened the box, I was totally surprised to find . . . . tadadadah . . . my BLOG BOOK! It showed up about 2 weeks early - I was so surprised! So heavy, it's so darn heavy! It's a whooping 337 pages and dates 2006-2007. My first blog post was in December of 2006 - so it's really only a year long. Oh man, I guess I 'talk' a lot!
When I was looking through some blogs several weeks ago, I found a website called blog2print that slurps your book into a format that makes best use of space and looks nice. I am so far behind in my book-making that it was the best way to go. If I used Blurb on these older blogs, it would take too much time - way too much time! The ONLY down-side is the size of the photos - much smaller than in the original blog but really not too bad! But, it'll be just fine! Once I get caught up, I will go to Blurb and finish last year's posts. The plus for Blurb is you can arrange the posts and photos any way you want - you could choose to make a photo the size of an entire page - hot!
It's as big as a phone book . . .
Check out the PJ sleeve - see I wasn't kidding about the PJ's - oh, give a girl a break . . .
Close your eyes (this part is personal)! My family IS my LIFE - I have 'this thing' that my grandparents didn't leave me anything to remember them - it's like an obsession - like I 'have' to do this . . .
It's a freakin' TIME MACHINE ! ! !
3 comments:
Good job Girlie in the PJ's I dream of doing that some day. Love that you got a book done. I love mine.
No worries! I was in my pjs yesterday until about the same time. Too much to get done around the house and I started before I got dressed and then the phone kept ringing and they were all calls I had to take.
NOW, on to THE BOOK! It is so wonderful! I need to do it and I have been procrastinating cause I'm scared to do it. Ahhhhhhh! Wish you were here to hold my hand through doing it!
GOOD JOB! (and I have the same longing feeling about things from my grandparents. I'm trying to write down and preserve every memory I can. Hence the recent posts about chickens. I just can't get my parents to do it....sigh.)
It's BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait to come visit so we can take a look. It inspires me to keep working on mine!
Post a Comment