Friday, March 4, 2011

just a thought

(photo of a little rose mom gave us that's seeing the end of it's life-cycle)

"Come What May"

After living as long as I have, I have come to the conclusion that "LIFE IS HARD" - just that simple! I've also come to the conclusion that "LIFE IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE EASY" - physically, mentally OR spiritually! "Elementary, my dear Watson" you might be thinking! I see it day after day after day! Really, we know NOTHING of "HARD" as some who live in other parts of the world know - but it doesn't make 'our HARD' any easier!

  • Yesterday, I watched my mom struggle to walk and keep her spirits high as I took her to the doctor - there was a small tear in the corner of her eye - but she was brave. I am learning 'how to be old' by watching her each day take on a new challenge
  • I read of my daughter's struggle with infertility - looking at blonde-haired babies / kids and yearning for a little one of her own - facing the problem 'head-0n' and being brave - somewhere in the whole-scheme-of-things there is a blessing, it will take awhile to find, but there is a blessing
  • This morning I heard a terrible noise come from the front steps as Bob left for work - only to find him flat on the ground as he did not see the ice on the steps! It was a long fall - but he was being brave. His head missed a wooden post only by fractions of an inch. Received this email shortly after he got to work: "After thinking about this a.m. I think angels caught me and helped me to the ground. All I can remember is walking out the door and then I was laying on the ground. I hit the steps and just missed the post. I know the Lord was watching out for me. I hate to think of what could have happened. Right now I think I am just fine. I know I am watched over and protected. Love you" I am the eternal-optimist and look at this just as Bob did - he's being watched over! He wasn't exactly loving his experience but in hind-sight you can 'love it' for what you learned
I will try to remember "Come What May and Love It" in my daily life - it will be difficult at times but it will help get through the impossible! Something to ponder!

life cycle

6 comments:

Marcelle said...

I am with you ~ Life is hard, well mine has been for sure...and those of my loved ones as well....but we only try remember the good..

Glad your Bob is okay today after that nasty fall....shew, what could have been.

I feel for your daughter...having one's own child is every womens desire.

Cindy said...

What's going on with your mom? Call, email, or text me.

Brittney said...

Love this post. This is one of my favorite quotes as well but my sister added a little something to the end that seems fitting for an Idaho girl..."Come what may and Love it...Dang it"! ;)

Congrats on finally finishing a blog book. What a treasure it will be. So excited to check out the blog2print as I am 2 1/2 years behind. Just thinking about starting a new book is a daunting task. Can't wait to check this other option out to slurp my blog.

cort said...

I am just reading this today...but it is totally what I need to hear. I have been feeling a little sorry for myself today...and it is such a good thought to make the best of whatever life you are given. I am turning things around right now.

I love the email from bob too. So sweet...and the perfect thing for a journal.

cort said...

whoops...it is not cort...its me ASHOLEY.

Shanae Branham said...

I am your newest follower. I understand what you mean by life is hard, but I believe the struggle is worth it. I have started a new blog featuring people who have overcome their struggles with a positive perspective. To get people sharing, I have started a contest. I believe this post would be a great post to enter the contest with. Take a look. triumphandtears.blogspot.com