Wednesday, November 9, 2011

from fall to winter - just like that / self doubt

"fall get-away"

fall get-away

Our fall has been a little strange this year - went from 60 degree weather to 20-25 degree weather just like that! Pretty shocking to the system. I do have to confess something today in front of 'everyone' - for the first time since we moved to Idaho some 39 years ago, I do NOT want winter to come - I simply had too much fun walking and biking this summer. With the cold weather has come 5 lbs of unwanted baggage however, I am attacking it - go away, go away!

"nature's cathedral"

<span class=

I have fallen off the blogging wagon and had to do some self-analysis to figure out why! Not sure I came up with a satisfactory answer but I think it comes pretty close! It all stems from 'self-doubt' - (((((conversation with myself: #1 - who cares what I have to say? #2 - who'll ever read all this journaling anyway? #3 - am I wasting a bunch of time & money? #4 - my life is boring, boring, boring !))))) I hate it when I do that - doubt myself! I'm pretty confident in most areas of my life but EVERY-ONCE-IN-AWHILE 'doubt's' ugly little head pops up. I decided to banish it from my life ONCE AGAIN - so here I am blogging.

"eyes to heaven"

<span class=

I'm easily distracted as well - think I might be A.D.D. - have so many things that interest me but really can't focus on any of them so I wander from thing to thing. I have a remind myself to focus, focus, focus. I think it maybe why I keep so many lists - to keep me on track. Really, nothing wrong with that - just can't F.O.C.U.S. "Doctor, please give me your opinion on this matter!"


"fall at waters edge"

<span class=

So many things have happened since I last wrote - "END OF WORLD" as noted in my daily planner (October 21st) - sure GLAD it didn't happen, we would have MISSED HALLOWEEN ! ! ! I was listening to Glen Beck's radio show one day when he commented on the event and I laughed and laughed! He thought the guy who predicted the END of the WORLD should have gone out in style by leaving a heap of clothing in the middle of a room (depicting the rapture) for someone to find ! ! ! Get it? How FUNNY is that?

"fall at north fork of the snake river"

<span class=

We had our 3rd annual Halloween Carnival at church and it was SUCCESSFUL and FUN! The young men and young women organize and 'man' the booths for all the younger children and, as an added bonus, this year the special needs children/teens were invited to the carnival as well.


"swan valley delight"

DSC_2188

The next day Grandma and I traveled over an hour to what we thought would be her hearing-aid fitting BUT, found out they totally LOST her impressions (molds) and would have to travel over an hour to have the impressions taken again! I was a little 'miffed' but got over it quickly because I always love getting out of town. We hooked up with Whit and kids briefly and headed to Costco for a little fun-time. The boys are getting so big and so fun - always love walking down the toy aisle with them - their faces are precious beyond belief when they see something they love - priceless.

"fall creek dreaming"

Fall Creek

As you can see, Bob and I got out and took some photos of the fall colors - so beautiful this year - our area has some gorgeous colors and scenery. This season is one of my favorites and doesn't last long enough in my opinion. Now, we have to wait an entire year for it to return - maybe that's why I appreciate it so much!

3 comments:

The Gathering Place said...

I totally enjoy reading your blog and seeing your fabulous photos! What beautiful scenery. You do live in a beautiful place.

Cindy said...

Dear Cousin!

I look for you to write you dailies no matter how mundane you may think they are. Life is more about living the mundane than anything large.

You are inspirational to so many.
Do not doubt!

Keep writing.

I love you!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Berta, thinking of you doubting yourself makes NO SENSE to me! You're so talented and invigorating. Doubts, doubts go away. Berta is talented and has things to say.