I've taken some 'down-time' and, of course, regret doing so as SO many things have happened around here! Sometimes LIFE gets in the way - oh well, life goes on for sure.
We're doing GREAT - 'spring has sprung', day light savings day has arrived (love, love, love) and the trees are budding. We usually get unexpected snow-storms from time to time - and I'm sure we have a surprise or two left before summer sets in. I love this time of year - there's a 'newness' about everything that is really exciting. You have to live through a winter in Idaho to truly appreciate good weather. This year was an exception as we had very little snow and cold weather as was the case with most of the country. This was the first year since moving to Idaho that I did not miss winter - I loved the bare roads and mild temps which tells me I wouldn't mind moving to a milder climate. I still love the slow-paced life and open spaces however but you know, there's nothing like a good old blizzard!!!
We had some family-drama that smacked me upside the head about three months ago. Things do happen for a reason and one person involved is moving on and healing beautifully, I'm happy to say.
I'm still taking photos - haha - surprised? I came home from a meeting a week ago and Bob said, "Guess what?" I'm always afraid to ask, "What?" But this time it was a great surprise! "Jerry called (BYU-Idaho) and wants to buy another 20 photos for the college!!!" Not a pretty visual - but I was jumping up and down for joy - at least my spirit was - actually, I must confess, my spirit was doing flips!!!! That makes me pretty happy. I will keep you posted on the outcome. Jerry said something to the effect that they have been 'stealing' some of the other photos and putting them around to fill in bare-spaces and thought many of the new ones would be hung in the testing center - but, don't quote me on that.
We've been out taking photos since the temps have gotten warm and we ran across some amazing places - one in particular that I'm especially excited about - a "antique car graveyard"! Stay-tuned for some exciting scenes from our next adventure! I can't wait.
I do have to share an exiting blog post from my son Tyler. It made my heart happy to read it! 5 years ago he suffered a stroke at an early age and has been fighting his way back ever since. He's always kept a good attitude about what happened to him but reading this post confirmed in my mind what a strong and positive person he truly is! When he told me about this experience, I encouraged him to write it down - it truly is uplifting and discovered he's a really good writer as well! Click HERE to read!
2 comments:
Wow, I can't believe my eyes....an update! I guess you could say the same thing on my blog.
I love it. I can't believe you are going to get another 20 photos at the college. Congrats
whoops, that was me mama
Post a Comment