Friday, April 6, 2012

headed east

We took a ride to Driggs last week to have the car serviced - I always love going there! While the car was being serviced, we took a walk! We hopped on the walking path off to the side of the highway and walked and walked for over an hour! We almost made it to Victor - not the best idea because we had to walk back to Driggs! The day was amazingly warm for the beginning of April. Justifying our long walk, we visited Pendl's bakery for a treat - for several treats and totally 'undid' all the miles we put in - but ohhhhhh, so worth it! My 'oh-so-favorite' treat is NUSSNACKER and my second favorite is FLORENTINER. However, everything is just amazing. I remember traveling to Sun Valley when Bob was coaching and visiting their bakery there and was blown away then they moved to the other side of the state and opened shop in Driggs. Love! IF you travel that way, you HAVE to stop and chill.

Then we headed up the road to Alta, Wyoming - the road to Targhee. There's a little spot there I love more than anything . . .

<span class=


A big part of the area is surrounded by a beautiful pond filled with geese and other wildlife . . .



<span class=




<span class=


It has the 'best' view of the Tetons . . . .


<span class=



<span class=


It's a cemetery! It's where I told Bob I want to be buried because look at the VIEW you would have on resurrection day!!!!! This little headstone broke my heart as two little children rest there back from pioneer days. Life must have been hard back then as these little ones did not live long lives. I love the inscription written below - it 'screams' FAITH.


<span class=




<span class=


We ran into a hawk that just sat and looked at us for the longest time - then, decided he'd had enough!


<span class=



<span class=


We had a great day and we got approximately 14,500 steps in THANKS to our long walk on the most beautiful day ever!


<span class=

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Completely beautiful. Such a nice day. Thanks for posting about it.