
My spin on the word 'reflection' was that of "Personal Reflection" - taking time to read, think, meditate - time to reflect and refuel! It's easy to overlook that in our busy lives. Now, here's the funny part! I sent my photo to Corey and said, "This is the one I want to use" (as I sent her two photos - trying to decide between them)! Then, at the last 'second' decided to use the other one - then got an email from her saying she would be out of town and "Don't change your mind!!!!!" . . . I just laughed and thought, 'indecision KILLED the cat'!!!!! . . . or something like that! I'm still laughing - so decided to include the photo below as I thought it showed a photo that was on a more 'personal' level - it's about me . . . a bit revealing but none-the-less me. (click photo for a closer look)

Several years ago, I made this entry into my journal - pulled it out the other day to see IF I made any progress and, believe it or not, I had changed everything (left side of page) that was remotely negative into a positive!!! Now, that's progress!
TEAM UP THURSDAY is underway over at Megan's place - go by and see some fun 'themes' by some very talented photographers - always an inspiration for me!
8 comments:
Oh wow! Berta, this is an amazing post. I am touched and inspired. Thanks for sharing yourself so personall! And? You go, girl!
I wonder what I would have done with that theme, I imagine the traditional as I have not learned to think out of the box like you and Corey have.
How cool that you came up with different interpretations of the same word. Great work!
I agree with Christina. What an inspiring post. Personal reflection can be difficult, but you certainly nailed it....Not only for yourself, but for Team Up Thursday!
I seriously would have never even thought of reflection in the way that you did. Gosh, that has to say something bad about me! I really don't do enough reflecting in my life, will probably be my downfall. Love your take on it. Very inspiring. And darn, wish I hadn't read it before I looked at the picture because I would have not guessed the bus!
I though the same thing about Corey's at first. I like your take on reflection, I would never had thought of that.
I am giggling now...knowing you wanted to change....and gosh darn it....I couldn't. I'm sorry for that. But you figured out how to make it work, and I'm glad you shared both shots. :)
hugs!
Yes, both the English language and reflection are beautiful and somewhat open to interpretation!
It's always good to reflect on oneself, isn't it? Whether by journaling or capturing one of those fleeting moments on film!
I'll be back again to see what you have in store this week.
For another photo project between friends, visit :
http://aperspectiveproject.blogspot.com
Post a Comment