Saturday, July 24, 2010

pioneer day - let me say thank you!

Today is a SPECIAL DAY - a day to remember and HONOR those who have passed long before us - our PIONEER ANCESTORS. This is Ephraim K. Hanks - one tough cookie. He is our great- grand-father and he kicked some (excuse the expression) ever-lovin' butt in his day! Super-tough-dude who saved hundreds of lives and tamed the west like no other. I won't write about him, as I've done that in the past, but I will take the time to THANK HIM and so many other ancestors who gave so much so we can have what we have today.

eph2

20210

Now you go have a good day! I'll talk to you tonight when I get home! Promise!
Enjoy the song (now playing) called "Pioneer"!

3 comments:

Marcelle said...

Love your topic today ~ so true in everyday life!

Thanks for sharing ~ I now know a little more..

Jay and Gwen Sessions said...

Berta, thanks so much for all your great journal posts. I loved this one about Ephraim Hanks. We get so busy that we don't take time to properly think about our roots and the strength we come from. This gives us great courage to continue on. Thanks for your inspiration and timely messages!Love Gwen

Cindy said...

I love everything about him and I'm not even related. But I love history like this and his story and heritage are truly inspiring.