Friday, August 7, 2009

just wonna talk

canola oil in the raw
pictured: did you ever wonder where your canola oil comes from - I call this pic, "canola in the raw"!

I've been rushing and rushing for the past few weeks, I haven't been able to sit and just take a deep breath and chat!  I guess we could discuss the weather - it's feeling a bit 'springish' around these parts with a high of 68 degrees today and 63 degrees tomorrow.  We used our feather comforter last night to keep warm!  Ha!  We've also had some spectacular weather as well - lightening and thunder that dwarfs our 4th of July celebration, big-time.  Tornados have been spotted in nearby counties and high winds that have blown many 'tops of trees' completely out!   

It's been a fun an amazing week despite the travel and such. As we were zooming past the miles and miles of nothingness, I couldn't help but think how our ancestors had to walk past all those miles of nothingness - I couldn't help but ponder the hardships they endured so we could have what we have today.  

On our way home, we traveled a road that was new to us while we listened to a talk show describing 'zero population' and not leaving our 'carbon footprint' behind when we depart this earth.  I had to laugh because there were vast expanses of land stretching behind and ahead of us with no one in sight for hours in either direction!

This time of morning it's pretty quiet around here - Bob is off riding his bike for miles and miles!  His big race is next weekend, August 15th.  He hasn't missed a day of training in over a year - can you even wrap your head around that?!  I prefer my soft bed and pillow which has, by all rights, given me my soft stomach and butt - I must change my ways!  Three days a week he swims and three days a week he rides his bike.  He doesn't run as it's not good on his legs and hips (remember, he bionic!) but does that the day of the race!  I'll be there photo-journaling his adventure.

Be back in a minute!


2 comments:

Jonna said...

I've enjoyed all your fabulous pictures Berta. The trip down Hollywood was wonderful. As for Griffin...he rocks! You go BOB!

Cindy said...

Loving all your catching up. There is no place like southern California. I guess that's one of the reasons why we live here. Out in the 'burbs' with all that 'culture' close at hand. Lots of diversity.

Your pictures are amazing! btw--when did Cooper GROW UP????