Thursday, August 6, 2009

walk with me down hollywood blvd

We'll start at Grif and Katrina's place and head down . . . 


there are thousands of stars names on the sidewalks of Hollywood  . . .

these murals were painted on the side of a building near Hollywood Blvd . . .
 
click the pics and see how many stars you can recognize.  I decided I was pretty old cause I could recognize and name many pictured here . . .



Kodak Theater plaza . . .








I do have to admit, I drool a bit over these bags . . .


You could have the scriptures read to you while you wait at the stop signal . . . 


this dude didn't look homeless or desperate - I think the dude was earning some extra money - I was diggin' the music . . .

Funny how these tours take people past stars home and all you can see in front is their high bushes . . .
homeless couple - click the pic, and notice her arms are all scared . . .

LOVE the bill of his hat - click pic and read . . .

ornate carvings in this door were pretty cool . . .

the graffiti was impressive . . .
 
we're back to Grif and Katrina's.  Although they live right on Hollywood Blvd., you can't hear the crowds of tourists in their apartment - super quiet and peaceful . . .

(photo credits- gub & berta)

3 comments:

Jay and Gwen Sessions said...

Wow this doesn't look like the Hollywood I grew up in. Where did all the ornate things come from. Maybe I just didn't notice. Beautiful shots.

Memories Of Mine said...

thanks for the tour, interesting people and places

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a ball. i am so glad you and dad got away for a bit and even made it past utah!
thanks for the tour of your vacation. lol, w