Wednesday, May 26, 2010

team-up thursday - HAIR

I had the illustrious honor of choosing this week's theme and had some ideas in mind - dog hair, fuzzy hair in the artichoke we bought at the store, hubby's lack of hair (!!!) - but it was going to be something hairy! Dah!

Left photo:
Corey's photo is so feminine and sweet - anyone who follows her blog can immediately recognize Sugar Bear's cute little neck and hair! Who can resist the sweet little neck of a child - love the way hair sweeps across - something I can't relate to anymore - as my hair is as short as it can get! Thanks Corey for this darling photo - perfection as always.

HAIR - diptych

Right photo:
Little Cooper came for a visit and found out his beautiful, long, little-boy hair had a wad of gum the size of . . . well, it was big . . . fused to his head! So, the gum had to come out - operation 'gum removal' began! My daughter, who's a fabulous hairstylist, came to the rescue with her skilled hands and razor-sharp scissors. Little Coop grew up fast this day as he looked like a different kid when operation 'gum removal' was over!


(click mosaic for a closer look)



Be sure and stop by Megan's blog-pad for more "Team Up Thursday" - YOU and a partner can join in the fun - really, you can!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gum in the hair.... every child does it at some point, don't they. Such a mess to get out, but sure made for some lovely photos!

Di

Corey~living and loving said...

love our Diptych this week. I thought you were a bit nuts when you chose it....but in the end....It came together well. now....I'm thinking for next week.....

Kerstin said...

Berta - I won't come over to check your pics again - LOL (just kidding) it always makes me look at my pics in a doubtful way now and makes me thinking sometimes what the hell I thought by taking that photo.
Now back to the theme: witht the chosen theme I would have had a problem because I never never in my life would have thought taking a cam with to a hairdresser and as I have no hairdresser around in my family (and no dogs and cats) I would have been lost.
This situation and this look of Cooper is perfectly captured - the angle of view is so Berta-like. Always special - always full of ideas - always something to learn. Thank you for your inspiration.

Marcelle said...

Where has my comment gone, I came by early this morning and now checking up ( which I never do ) my comment is gone????????
Your grandson is P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S!!!

Hair...wonder what I would have done...LOL
Well done to the best Team!

Killlashandra said...

Oh no, gum in the hair can be so traumatic. My daughter got some in her once and rather than share and get help whacked off a part of her bangs which I swear are still growing back 3 years later. ;)

Very sweet pictures though. I hope he's ok with the shorter hair.

Megan said...

his expression is just so full of wonder and hesitation -- love the mosaic for the full story :).

Privet and Holly said...

I am laughing, here, because my son did the same thing with the gum ~ when he was three and I was running my 6 year old daughter to the emergency room! When it rains, it pours! What a sweet cherub Cooper is ~ you grow them PRETTY in your family! Great, great photos from you both! xx P&H