Wednesday, July 14, 2010

team up thursday - "WHITE"

white diptych

Well, let's just LOOK at these photos and call it 'good'!!!! J/K! Corey picked our theme this week and that would be "WHITE"! Now, if we would have picked that theme in the winter time, I would have tons of subjects to choose from. This week was a huge challenge for me as I was sitting in our recliner almost 24/7 with a really bad back! I thought, "How on earth am I going to get this assignment done in time!?" Now that I think about it, I could have just opened up my prescription bottles and dumped pills (white) all over the table and called it good - I had some mighty-fine meds this go-around! I do have to confess something, I hate feeling doped-up so I have a lot of meds left! They took me to my 'happy place' just like these photos do when I look at them.

White water by Corey is my idea of delicious! Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE waterfalls and water in any form. Corey's take on this theme was 'out of the box' and I LOVE that! Petunias are in abundance in our yard this year as Bob brought them home for Mother's Day - and I LOVE that so, considering my condition at the time, this was a good find for me.

Drop by Megan's place for some more "Diptych" fun! You can play along too - just find a partner, choose a theme and go on a fun adventure!

10 comments:

Marcelle said...

Agree white is a winter theme, but H~E~Y it makes one think out side the box...I have lots white around me and its summer time so shows it can be done.

Well done team
Hope ur back improves!!

Andrea said...

I think both posts are fantastic, love the dof on those petunias, for a lady with a bad back you did good, if fact even for a lady with a perfect back you did good, they really are lovely ;0)

Kerstin said...

LOVE the pentunia - one of my "must have every summer" flower.
Berta again a brilliant photo - and I love the pink "dots".....
Funny how a theme like "white" makes us think in totally different ways.
Hope your back is better - fingers crossed and a big cyber hug all across the "big" water :)

jillconyers said...

Love the contrast in feeling when you compare the images.

Privet and Holly said...

Berta, I do hope
that your back is
better, as that is
the WORST!!! {I've
been there...after
a car accident about
ten years ago.} These
are wonderful images.
I have been wearing
my chauffeur's cap this
summer with my kids,
but I have been carrying
some photo books with me,
and I think it's starting
to sink in! I'm off to
my folks in a few weeks
in the Pac NW and am
looking forward to capturing
some great shots. Hope
you are enjoying the
summer and feel better,
soon! xx Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Idea for a white summer photo. Fresh white sheets on a bed or clothesline, a dozen eggs in a carton, a glass of icy cold milk.

The flowers are very summery!

Di

Killlashandra said...

Love those white rapids. I think they go great with your white petunias. White color running all over the garden. Great combo.

Megan said...

hope your back is on the mend, berta! i agree that "white" calls up images of snow...but these make a great summer dip!

The Gathering Place said...

Your photos are stunning! You have a real gift for capturing nature.
Thanks for sharing!

Maude Lynn said...

I love the petunias!

Hope your back feels better soon.