Wednesday, July 7, 2010

DESSERT - team up thursday

How was your holiday celebration? Ours was soooo great that I ended up in the recliner Sunday night with a bad back and I've been there ever since!!! Holy-ouch! I've been watching a lot of TV lately - especially the FOOD network and lots and lots of desserts (among other mouth-watering things)! I settled in, got my notebook and thought I would glean a lot of recipes from my chair-bound experience. Well! I've slept through them all as the doc prescribed some muscle-relaxers (I've never had before) and little did I know they put you to sleep!!!

Leave it up to 'me' to pick DESSERT as our theme - but, you have to admit, they are a delicious sight.

Diptych - DESSERT

Visit Corey's fun site!

Drop by and visit Megan and HipMama's site for fun, fun, fun!

HELP ME HERE:
After three days of being laid up, I do have to admit it feels like more than up-tight muscles in my back - could it be disc problems? Has anyone been through this and can give me some insight into how long it takes to get over and how you treated it? All our beautiful weather is just beyond my reach but I have nice clean windows to look out! Darn!

11 comments:

The Charm of Home said...

Lovely photos! Very inspiring.
Have a great week.
Sherry

Anonymous said...

I've had back problems numerous times that had me aching and all bent over. I find that if I do stretching exercises on a VERY regular basis and also stretches before I even get out of bed in the morning that it helps tremendously.

Di
Get well soon!

Corey~living and loving said...

I am no help on back pain. I just hope yours goes away ASAP! hugs!

I love the diptych you made. It is beautiful. sigh....

good choice this week! I need to think about the next theme. Hope you will be up for it.

Marcelle said...

Great photo Berta, so clear I feel as if I can sink my teeth into that cheese cake.
Hope the back gets sorted out soon.

Andrea said...

Stunning stunning photos (as ususal), those deserts look totally delishious and are so beautifully captured.

Hope the back improves!

Kerstin said...

May I come over for that dessert - it's definately worth the flight - how it looks - yuuuummmyyyy! And after doing my run for 10 kilometers I think I "deserved" something like that.
BRILLIANT SHOT BERTA - I can only repeat it again: you and Corey do inspire me and blow me away each week.
LOVE YOUR PHOTO AND DESSERT :)

Killlashandra said...

Huckleberry cheesecake sounds divine. Planning to share that recipe? Sorry to hear about your back though. If you feel up to it a soak in an epsom salt bath may help some too. Great dessert duo!

Cindy said...

Recipes, please.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! So sorry about your back : (
I was in a car accident and really hurt my back and neck badly a year ago. Bio Freeze is a spray I used that really helped me!

I love your pictures! I hope you feel better soon.

The Life of the Halls said...

Contact Nancy Richards or my Father, They can help you out. B

Megan said...

yum, yum, and more yum. i just had dinner, and boy do i want a piece of that cheesecake! this is such a wonderful combo -- can almost taste both desserts right there in the pictures:)!
hope your back feels better!