TOP PHOTO: by berta
This is the one I chose for SHAPES. This window is in a building that is well over 100 years old in our little town. It so happens that this window is in the back of the building - so often overlooked and something I looked at for years without really seeing it. When I do that (not see something) I like to say that "I saw it again for the first time"! I was amazed at all the shapes not only in the window but in the stone building that was hand hewn out of rock with great care and skill. I looked with amazement at the craftsmanship all around this building - utter amazement! BOTTOM PHOTO: by corey
I love the angle that Corey took this photo - very interesting. When I first saw her photo, I thought, "Man, we were thinking alike this week!!!" The shapes and color in this walkway are amazing if you really look at it. The geometry is amazing - it took much preparation to make this design happen! I especially love the colors. Corey's got a great eye and I always love her interpretation of a subject - she's a master that's for sure.
If you get a second, please drop by Megan's blog-pad - it's always a delight and she's such a great hostess!
7 comments:
You two were thinking alike! Although they are two different shapes, two different angels, they are both earthy and architectural. Perfect pair. Great job, team.
Great job! I like how you both found shapes in stone/bricks.
What an awesome combination! I love your window photo...what a nice texture. You've left me curious about what building this is, so I'm going to venture a guess! Is it the Tabernacle?
such great shapes! my eyes are loving roving around both shots -- they make a great pair.
I agree....I love old buildings and the intricate craftsmanship they have in them. You just dont find that anymore. You picked a wonderful image for your theme as there are many different shapes in this one little peek of the building. Great job!
Great combo. :) I especially like how your shot is off center. Looks great. Old buildings often have such wonderful workmanship associated with them, you wonder where some of that has gone over the years.
These looks so cool together. That window really stands out to me, it's almost inviting.
Post a Comment