Wednesday, April 21, 2010

WW wednesday - getting my head in the 'game'

guess what i'm doing!

My first week wasn't exactly stellar - but that's what I expected! Trying to get my head in the 'game' by withdrawing from sugar (that was miserable/almost-failure) - but I got done exactly what I wanted to do. Now, this week will be FOCUS on the task at hand - a task that seems daunting and unbelievably impossible. But, in all actuality it's not. It's going to be a year working toward good-health and great eating habits. My BIGGEST hang-up is:

*****COMMITMENT - following through with something - I mean I'm great for a week or two AND sometimes a month! This will be a entire year! (Oh, Lord have mercy {I say that with all reverence})

*****PLANNING - eating 6 small meals a day! Currently, I eat about '1' - my metabolism is basically dead and gone. I must reclaim it - maybe a better word would be resurrect?
These two things (alone) will take my entire focus to get the job done. I will work hard on these and then move on to more - one foot in front of another . . . the "YEAR" thing is what blows me away.

*****CUTTING OUT SUGAR - I remember Dr. Oz showing SUGAR magnified and how it looked like little shards of glass. He mentioned how it played havoc going through your body -nicking and scratching the insides of your veins as it passed through - causing scabbing and scaring and in some individuals causing death when these scabs would blow out causing hemorrhaging!!! I haven't quit looked at sugar in the same way - but addiction IS addiction and it's hard to quit once it gets a foot-hold. Besides, SUGAR IS IN JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING we eat!

*****CUTTING OUT SUGAR-SUBSTITUTE - Bad, bad, bad. After reading about my blogging-friend Marcelle (I'd give you a link here, but she's gone private!) and what aspartame did to her, I'm now trying to cut that out of my life as well! Her doc said after dieting for a year and using products laced with aspartame, she is now living with spots on her brain that gives her symptoms of MS. She WARNS: GET OFF ASPARTAME! Great advice AND I'm heeding her words!

I think I'm going to invite Marcelle to write an article for this blog warning you of the dangers!
Note: See the WW fruit-chews (pictured above)? They have aspartame in them - oh man, is nothing sacred anymore?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your plan is a stellar one. Metabolism? Mine disappeared somewhere during the past two years of sitting glued in this blogging chair. We all need to get up and move once in a while. I'm so guilty of being a slug. ugh.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Marcelle said...

The first thing that went through my mind when I saw your photo was * ASPARTAME PRODUCT THERE *

I ate products filled with Aspartame for many many years...from my 20's...I only drank diet soda, diet yogurt, diet, diet diet, then all the other products Aspartame are in that are not only for diets like chewing gum...my list goes on and on...I never eat anything without checking these days.

You will detox from sugar, do it slowly..I am still on sweetener and have to find a way to get off them, but have no idea how to drink coffee not sweet!!

Killlashandra said...

Yeah I've heard bad things about Aspartame too. Although I have to agree it's hard to focus. My mom always tells me that it won't be until both kids are in school all day that I will be able to focus on myself to lose weight. Makes me sigh on one hand but on the other hand I wouldn't know where to find the time now. Wishing you lots of luck and good vibes on this commitment. :)

Hilary said...

Snappy Di sent me.
I am with her, my metabolism is screwy.
Love your blog.....will have to visit again.

Anonymous said...

Robe,,, just had to stop by and say that you are just so stinkin' cute! LOL Come on over and visit my blog any old time.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
(P.S. Use the line from my blog if you love it.) :-))

Country Girl said...

Gorgeous photos here. Love how simplistic it is. Very peaceful. And good luck in WW!